OVERVIEW OF A GOOD WEBSITE
MOST IMPORTANT THINGS FOR A WEBSITE:
- Contain good content – Must have important information that people are searching for.
- Must be appealing to the eye – Have a clean layout with pleasant and clear graphics.
- Should have simple navigation – Make it easy for people to find information.
- Optmize for search engines - Help people find you .
TOP TEN WEBSITE MISTAKES:
- "Under construction" signs on your site
- Visitor counters on pages
- Lack of copyright statements
- Overuse of technology
- Passive verbs
- Long sentences
- Long pages
- Not identifying the benefits of your products or services
- Forgetting to ask the visitor to do something
- Believing in “build it and they will come"
EFFECTIVE SEARCH ENGINE MARKETING
Search Engine Marketing has 3 primary objectives:
- Increase sales, customers, orders, leads, traffic
- Increase cost efficiency
- Build the Brand
The 7 steps for pay-per-click campaigns include:
Refine Keyword Bids in pay-per-click ads
Target Ideal Positions
Optimize Ad Copy
Select the Right Keywords
Use Specialized Matching Options
Leverage Contextual Campaigns
Monitor Against Click Fraud
www.shopincanada.com - directory of sites